'Dab's why has your face become so round?'

Hiya,
Its the month of August already!!! And this month with this post I finally have the chance to let the cat outta the bag and answer the question above!! But before I do, I wanna ask how many of you suspected or guessed it? I know two NHCG readers kinda guessed it, one actually out rightly asked me...I am sure you are wondering what I am on about!!!

Well well, I am here to let you all know that on Friday the 2nd of August, the Lord blessed me and my family with another bouncing baby boy!!! I have been preggers all year long and that's why my face kept getting rounder and rounder and rounder!!lol

I found out I was preggers late last year and my excitement was off the roof, finally I will be having my GIRL!! Yes!! I started dreaming of how I will dress her, all the many hairstyles I will try on her, the cute clothes, hair accessories...oh my gosh, my head was spinning, it didn't help that this pregnancy felt so different from my first, I was dealing with more break outs, my hair was not filling out as quickly as last time(only till the last 2months did I notice a change), my skin was not as glowing...after reading that girls take your pretty away I was sure I was having a girl until....March came around and I decided to check what I was having on my trip to the US  where I knew there would be accuracy and with all the confidence in the world, the ultra sound technician told me after checking-BOY!! I was like Huh!!!Almost told him to check again but didn't want him to feel insulted...and to top things up, a day before I had gone on a confident shopping spree for my little girl, I bought everything, shoes, socks and hair ruffles included!!


That day I went home deflated but after hours of reflecting on my behaviour I quickly ask God and the baby boy in my tummy for forgiveness and told him how much I loved him and couldn't wait to meet him and told God I trusted Him to give me my girl in His time and just to make my boy happy, I went out shopping the next day and got him cute little onesies!! Lol

Now he is here and I could not be more excited because he looks so much like his older brother when he was a baby and I cannot wait to see them grow up together while I get the chance to dress them up like twins!! *wide grin*

 
So now that the cat is out the bag, you know that with having a baby comes post partum shedding, last time I wrote this post on post partum shedding and how I planned to combat it and I will go by the same tips this time, my shedding for my first son started sometime between 3 to 4 months post partum and lasted for about a month and that was it, you never heard me complain about post partum shedding again, this time I am hoping that's the case...
 
I also set my hair up for a successful post partum experience because I made sure that during the pregnancy my hair was in top shape especially in the last months, ladies tend to be so overwhelmed from when they are like 7/8months pregnant that they just forget all about their hair either in braids or weaves or just packed up away from their faces; what happens when you do that is when you have the baby and the pregnancy hormones start to leave your body, your hair which you had abandoned for months will be in such a bad state that the shedding which should just take your hair back to its normal fullness will end up taking a toll on your hair and you will loose more hair than you should have! So believe it or not, few days before I was due in the hospital I hair triggered my hair overnight with oils, had my hair in a high ponytail ends tucked away through out my stay in the hospital and on Sunday when I got back from the hospital, I deep conditioned my hair with this new deep conditioner that came highly recommended by a NHCG reader;
 
 
 
 Mixed Chicks deep conditioner and I loved it!! Fingers crossed I keep loving my hair post partum shedding and all! If you just had a baby and are loosing sleep over the shedding going on, don't! Keep taking care of it, the way you did while you were pregnant and the only hair you will loose is hair you are SUPPOSED to loose, your hair will simply go back to its normal healthy fullness :)
 
 
In other news, now that baby is here I can now be a bit definite about when SHOP NHCG will be back in business...I am looking at opening the September import window but having a pre-order arrangement of some sort before then...still sorting it out while I recover, will keep you all updated in subsequent posts!! Thanks for hanging here with me ladies!!Expect bigger and better from NHCG as the year concludes!!
 
 
Xxx
Dabs

60 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! First time I'm commenting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly(Hair Trigger)11 August 2013 at 20:42

      *dancing alanta*....I'm a genius in dis blog! I introduced hair trigger here,lol....roots applicator bottle and in one of my mails,some months back,about 5-6 months back...I suspected and asked Dabs if she was...u know..lol and she dodged..I even felt bad dat I might be wrong,since she dint respond...and y'all can guess who I am....hehe,

      Delete
    2. Hahaa Kelly you must be a soothsayer in your past time :) thanks dear!!

      Delete
  2. Dabojuuuuuuuuu! I saw this coming oooo! I knew it and I kept saying "see her winding us o". Congratulations my mummy! Yes,I have forcedfully adopted you as my mummy and mummy,you have no choice. God is too beautiful. I pray that I'll marry in God's time and be able to have a successful marriage like you. You're awesome ma.
    My hugs to my brother :D. A milli love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha! I will be your mummy any day, any time! Welcome to the family!! Hee hee!

      Delete
  3. I kept saying to myself that you were pregnant but suspected you were keeping it under wraps.... especially when you said you were in the U.S for a while. Congratulations dear!!!! I had a little postpartum shedding after my last baby and I pray that you don't experience any. Would love to try that Mixed Chicks conditioner... sounds great... looking forward to having you back in Naij!! Take care of you and the new baby. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Dabs!!! May he grow healthy and strong and may your family be blessed. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Dabs!! So happy for you. I pray for abundance of love, blessings, and favor from God for your whole family. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Dabs!!!!!! I knew it, was telling a colleague of mine that I was suspecting you. God bless and keep the baby, mummy, Daddy & Big boy IJN. welcome to the club of mama BOYSSS. I have two boys too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats....I thought with the round face you had a baby not long ago...not knowing he was on the way. May the Lord bless n keep u, may He cause His face to shine upon you and may this little angel bring you joy like never before. Be blessed now and always

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations.God bless and keep you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. *in Helen's voice* CONGRASTULASION OH......Finally we'll have you back constantly,I decree that your children will be for signs and wonders.May you recieve grace and wisdom to take care of our lil baby and your Family.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwwwwwwwwwww.....!! He's sooooo cute and adorable! I had a boy 2 months ago and I was real glad as I have one girl already who gives me a real haaaaaaaaaaaaard time when I do her hair though she has got a gorgeous coily APL 4a at age 2.5!!

    www.ghlonghair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! That pic of your two boys is the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. awwwwwww congrats Dabs, love from Ghana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats dabs.. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats!!!!!!!!!! may he be for signs and wonders. IJMN.amen

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on your baby boy!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations dear, God is so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwwww I am so touched by all your lovely comments and prayers!! Thanks so much and God bless all of you with your heart desires!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats Dabs! I knew it! That girl will come and we will hair trigger her till she gets married!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol @hair trigger her till she gets married!! Amen to that :)

      Delete
  20. OMG congratulations!!! That's awesome news! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aww! How precious! Congrats to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations Dabs! What a beautiful baby boy x

    ReplyDelete
  23. awwww congratulations Dabs on the new addition may God bless you and your family, enjoy the new bundle of joy happy for you

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you so much ladies for your kind words, God bless you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. congratulations on your new bundle of joy. I didn't even notice. but then again. i don't notice such things, unless its obvious.
    themanecaptain.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  26. congratulations dabs. Am so happy for you, cant wait to find my own mr right and have my own baby too. May God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you will find him in Jesus name!!

      Delete
  27. congrats Dabs. finally.God bless n keep u all.

    ReplyDelete
  28. congrats dearie. God bless n keep ur home ijn, amen.

    ReplyDelete
  29. congratulations........

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats dabs,I suspected but didn't say anything because you didn't mention it,lol. Welcome to the world our little prince,God bless you. I have two boys too,andim still believing God for my princess,all in due time in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations!!! May God bless and keep u and your family in Jesus name

    ReplyDelete
  32. a big congrats,oju.i thought those kryptic messages suggested preggers but did want to ask.fairplay to you for keeping it quiet.such wonderful news.just yesterday I had a good look at one of your baby photos.all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awwwww congrats Dabs.. Im soo excited for you and the new addition to your family. God sure has a reason for your lil prince and he will give you the grace to raise him to be the man God has called him to be. Your princess would come in due season.... wide grin.. Big Hug...

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wow. Congrats. Never suspected a thing.

    May this new addition bring greater things to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  35. First time commenting too, can't help it, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thanks, don't make it your last time :)

      Delete
  36. *Smiling from ear to ear* Congratulations to you and yours Dabs...you shall have a girl next. Plus you really do inspire, expecially with keeping the post coming.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats Dabs and Welcome to this beautiful world, Baby.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks ladies!! God bless!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. U got me, didn't suspect at all. Congratulations!!! Welcome home our little prince, he will be a source of blessings and joy to the family. He will fulfill his purpose. Can't wait to be a wife and mum

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congrats Dabs, may the Lord's blessings continue to abide on u and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats Dabs. Don't worry your baby girl is on her way.

    www.drabtufab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  42. Congrats dabs,I L♥√ع U̶̲̥̅̊...Angel

    ReplyDelete
  43. congratulations Daboju! may God bless n keep the little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  44. congrats maam Gof bless u and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Congrats Dabs. May God bless and order the steps of the little one from above.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Ok! Just stumbled into this blog today and am trying to read through. :) Big congratulations to u dear. God bless you and ur family..... and honestly, I will be needing serious help to grow my hair. Like seriously

    ReplyDelete

I'd Love to hear from you, please leave a comment!!!