JULY RELAXER UPDATE

Hiya,
How's everyone doing? Hope all's well at your ends!! I am finally here with my relaxer update, its been about 2 weeks already since I got it done and I didn't want this month to end without me giving an update and putting up pictures! So here goes;

I relaxed my hair on the 18th of July, exactly 15weeks and 4 days post relaxer, I talk about how well my stretch went here. I used my usual relaxer which I stay in love with :)

 
 
Had it on my hair for 25minutes max (from application to smoothing out with a tail comb). I coated my hair in 3 sections from my mid shaft to my ends with Biosilk's conditioner and olive oil to prevent those section from absorbing any relaxer especially as I rinsed out the relaxer.
 
 
 

Could already see how much length retention I had when I was done smoothing out the relaxer;
 
 
Once I rinsed out the relaxer, I let my hair air dry and then followed up with moisturizing and sealing with some new products I will review in my next post, if you follow me on Instagram @Naijahaircangrow you already saw some of the products :) Then I used a few pumps of Paul Mitchell's super skinny serum and straightened my hair;
 
See Results;
 


My roots came out straight with just the right texture not bone straight, edges came out sleek, my very ends however need to catch up to each other, I am giving them time...


After cutting 3inches off my hair in May I had my fingers crossed about my length retention after such a long stretch( long stretches done improperly can cause more harm than good) but I am very satisfied with my retention of about 2inches after the stretch, so satisfied that I will stretch till December and see if I can get my hair to fall on LINE 11 by the end of the year, the goal was LINE 13 but thanks to my quest for sharp ends I am settling for line 11 and we can take it from there...
 
That's all for my relaxer update, hope all the stretchers in the house are inspired! It is indeed possible to successfully stretch your relaxer treatments. Thanks for stopping by as usual. Stay tuned for my hair products haul and reviews especially patronisers of SHOP NHCG which will soon be back in business!!!
 
 
Xxx
Dabs
 
 
 
 










 


19 comments:

  1. Your hair looks so luscious and thick: your edges came out really smooth too... you're really doing a great job at self-relaxing Dabs...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You retained so much length, fab results as always.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm Dabs! You have to give me some of this hair :)

    Well done! please let us know when you begin the next stretch, I will like to be a part of it let me see the results I will get.

    Regards
    Adii

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the thickness. Great results from a long stretch x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Started a hair Regimen Dabs, thanks to u. Here's to healthier hair

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dabs,if wishes were horses,I wish I had hair like yours. Wishes

    ReplyDelete
  7. my comment is a question; when I apply relaxer to my new growth, do I still come it or not? if I comb it the relaxer will touch my relaxed ends, how do I go about it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can smooth out your ROOTS with a comb. Or the back of one but always coat your ends from midway to the tips with conditioner and OIL to prevent any relaxer that spills over to the already relaxed ends like I did above :)

      Delete
    2. * the oil prevents the relaxer from being absorbed by the hair

      Delete
  8. Thanks so much for the comments Ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi dabs. Just started my hair journey! Rather late than never right?? Been trying to get some products and I recently purchased motions cpr treatment conditioner. Pls is this protein based or just a deep conditioner cos I'm thinkn of getting organics hair mayo too. Don't rily have time for the DIY protein treatment. Sent u a mail didn't get a rply. Thankz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Izzy, sorry you didn't get a reply from me, been super busy...I have never used the motions CPR but check its ingredients, if it has hydrolized protein, soy protien or any kind of protien listed then it's a protein treatment, if it doesn't then you can go ahead and get the hair mayo. Also with the glycerin if its the only ingredient listed then it's pure glycerin, if not then it has been mixed other ingredients which you have to determine are good for hair before using.

      Delete
    2. It states glycerin, water and preservatives on the bottle and the motions CPR doesn't have any protein in it. Thanks for your reply

      Delete
  10. Hi dabs. Just started my hair journey! Better late than never right?? Been trying to get some products and I recently purchased motions cpr treatment conditioner. Pls is this protein based or just a deep conditioner cos I'm thinkn of getting organics hair mayo too. Don't rily have time for the DIY protein treatment and the glycerin I got "body glycerin" is written on it. Is it the same thing? Sent u a mail didn't get a rply. Thankz

    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yup, I'm definitely inspired. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

I'd Love to hear from you, please leave a comment!!!