I said I will be back and I'm back!!!
As you all should know since I have been yapping about it for months now, the JUNE 8TH SALON DAY OUT IS THIS SUNDAY!! And I am super pumped!!
Four years ago on the 8TH OF JUNE, after being asked about my hair by countless ladies, after getting the comment, 'abeg hair is in your genes' too many times, after seeing my hair recover from what I thought was its doom...I opened this blog with my first ever post- THE SCARY TRUTH- READ IT HERE!!
After two weeks of blogging I was almost giving up, was anyone even reading these posts, there were hardly any comments, I was obsessed with checking Stats- I'd see 10 views for the day compared to 5 views the previous day and be happy!! Gradually as I kept at it and approached blogging as keeping a hair diary, it became interesting and then I started to get great feed back, people were so nice and wanted to know more...
Its been four years and I am so grateful for every person that has supported this NAIJA HAIR CAN GROW mission, for all those who mail in and drop comments with such gratitude, I want to say a big thank you!!
And that's why this JUNE 8TH SALON DAY OUT is so important to me! If you are in Lagos and its environs and can make it on Sunday please do!!
Because its a celebration, the format of past salon day outs where it was about having everyone having a consultation on their hair and getting their hair done by stylists has changed.
Let me list the changes;
1. There will be vendors, right now there are about 15 participants in total including Savvy and Chic. Though I listed five, the E flyer which is currently being made will have all the vendors names/logos.
2. All Vendors will have their products up for sale at excellent prices and most of them will present tutorials and tips centered on their brand- so don't be too shy if you get pulled from the crowd for a demonstration :)
3. The first 20 ladies to come in will have FREE delicious COCKTAILS thanks to ICEY DRINKS AND COCKTAILS. A celebration cake will also be cut (blame it on my mum, I like to celebrate everything with a cake)
4. I and my Savvy & Chic Team will be taking only 5 clients for full demonstration and they will be for the following;
- One Client for testing of HAIR POROSITY- FREE
- One Client to TEXLAX- N2500 without our relaxer, N3500 with our relaxer
- One Client for a PROTEIN deep condition with the heutiful steamer- N3000
- One Client for a MOISTURE deep condition with the heutiful steamer- N3000
- One NATURAL client to test out the Beautiful Textures- Texture Manageability System that has been ALL THE RAGE in the Natural community - N4000
It allows naturals to switch to straight hair for 6 weeks or less and revert back to their curls as if they never had straight hair(more on this later on, I sent for it and I am praying it comes before the 8th).
* The natural has to have passed the TWA stage to qualify...
So those are all the appointments we will be taking that day, for all other appointments please feel free to book and come into our flagship store on Awolowo road and we will gladly assist. To be one of the 5 ladies, be the first to send me a mail- email@example.com and I will schedule you in. Again, we are taking only 5 clients that day so we can allow other vendors present their tutorials. The demonstrations will be very practical so you are bound to go home with ample knowledge for your hair journey....skin care tips, beauty and makeup tips.
Naturals, THIS IS NOT A RELAXED HAIR EVENT!!! Just in case you are in doubt, KINKY APOTHECARY, NATURAL NIGERIAN, NAZURI CURLS and KEMI LEWIS of KLNaturals (blogger and natural hair salon owner) will all make presentations on Sunday. So we are all bound to learn A LOT!!
My next post is going to profile all the vendors coming and give you an insight of all they are about so you come expectant but till then, please please spread the word and prepare to come!!
The raffle draw prize still stands;
A lucky NHCG reader will go home with the Secura Steamer as promised!!! It will be given away at 5:30 pm sharp!!! All Presentations start at 1 pm and the 5 clients demonstrations start at 2 pm sharp so clients and those that want to benefit from the demonstrations please come early.
Date; Sunday 8TH June
The Venue; The White Space- 58 Raymond Njoku, Off Awolowo Rd, Ikoyi, Lagos
Time; 12noon to 6:30pm
REGISTER FOR THE EVENT HERE AND GET AN EARLY BIRD SPECIAL ADVANTAGE;
It's going to be a fun day, I can already feel it!!! Thanks in advance for your support people!! The JUNE IMPORT WINDOW is open by the way for those who want to take advantage of hair/beauty finds!!
Have a blessed Month ahead!