Weekend Treat; Palm Oil Hot Oil Treatment with other hair oils and Honey.


Hiya,
How 's the weekend going? Hope all is well! Yesterday I decided to put one of the unusual hair remedies I talked about in this post to the test.

I decided to do a deep conditioning treatment with some palm oil which I warmed in a little pot;


I decided to add some other hair oils to make the mix even more potent. I added some olive oil;



Grape seed oil;
 
 
 
 
Black Castor oil;
 
 


And few drops of argan oil;
 


Then I added some Honey;
 
 
 
 
After mixing the potent oil mix, I had to think of a way to apply the mix without ruining my clothes. So I decided to grab a big piece of cotton wool;
 
 

Then dipped it into the oil and applied it to the roots of my hair in sections, massaging the oil mix as I went along.

 
 
For my ends I applied some hair conditioner and massaged the ends and the roots together so the oil could reach my ends also.
 


Covered my hair up in a shower cap for about an hour and washed it out in cool water and in the sink not the shower, wasn't about to have my body greasy from palm oil!! I was worried about the smell of the oil lingering but surprisingly after using enough of my herbal essence long term relationship conditioner the sweet smell overpowered the smell of the palm oil.

Now to the verdict; My hair feels GREAT!! As usual I am being honest! The palm oil most definitely conditioned my roots, they feel softer and so you know how much I loved this treatment, I took a picture of the hairs I shed when I combed through;
 


As you can see I must have shed about 7 hairs only! I stored the rest of the left over oil in a bottle, shall keep doing palm oil treatments especially when my new growth comes in! My hair is presently 7weeks post relaxer and I need all the conditioning I can get to keep my hair manageable till my next relaxer treatment.
 
When my hair was towel dried, moisturized and sealed, I decided to braid the ends in two pigtails  which I wore out all day :) Shout out to a reader of this blog DAMI!! Met her at the WED EXPO fair and she called out,  'Naija Hair can grow'!! I was sooo thrilled, we had a quick chat about...hair of course!!It was lovely meeting you Dami!!


Did any of you try any weekend treats?! Who is gonna join me and try some palm oil on their hair? Say I :)


Till my next post, thanks for stopping by!

Xxx
Dabs


27 comments:

  1. I've never tried palm oil, or using cotton wool to apply oil, that looks like a really good idea and should stop me getting oil everywhere. Your braids look so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Lesley!the cotton wool really gets the job done without unecessary spills

      Delete
    2. Will try it,sounds great bt sceptical about d smell of d palmoil.

      Delete
    3. The smell does ot linger at all surprisingly.

      Delete
  2. Using a cotton wool is a great idea, I'm very heavy handed so there are times I get a lot of oil running down my neck and face even when using an applicator bottle. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Me too, the cotton wool really help to allow me use jus the right amount

      Delete
  3. Hi! If I skip the grapeseed oil and argan oil, would it still be effective? Cuz I don't have them :(... Also, I'm still expecting a reply from the mail I sent you on saturday. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww it still will be effective! The palm oil in itself is packed with great stuff!

      Delete
  4. wow! Was waiting for u to try it before i did.
    Guess i can go on now!
    LOL

    Itsebunite.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. can u use a rinse to finish up?

      Delete
    2. Sure you can finish up with a rinse like apple cider vinegar or black tea depending n your hair needs

      Delete
  5. I!!! L♥√ع U̶̲̥̅̊ pieces Dabs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hair looks so gorgeous!
    Am definitely going to try out palm oil.I hope it isn't too expensive*fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liz, you definitely try it

      Delete
  7. Woooooooooooooow!! I sure would try this sooner than later!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ive been mixing refined Pailm Oil, Coconut Oil, Argan, Olive Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, and rosemary oil. Leaves my hair soft and feeling great. Any other oils i should try?? Great blog BTW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Def trying this asap!:-)
    Love ya Dabs,u r rily an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just did d palm oil n honey treatment,had a lil issue getting d oil out though am not so sure I wud do it again,but I like d way my hair feels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah the palm oil can be messy but I'm glad you like how your hair feels

      Delete
  11. Tried d pailmoil and other oil treatment with a mixture of green and black tea rinse.my hair felt great.thanks dabs

    ReplyDelete
  12. did you use a shampoo to wash it out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did..sorry this reply is late!

      Delete
  13. i am 2years late, but i really need some advice, i was trying to transition into texlaxing before (about 2 months ago), your tips have made me take better care of my hair, although i suffered a major a loss about a month ago.
    when i started this hair regimen, i realised i could manage my hair better which was the reason i opted for relaxers last year.
    unfortunately, i made a similitude of marley locks using wool simply put (i threaded with wool) after a month the root where the wool started had dirt locks, i couldnt do anything as i knew i was loosing the hair, i almost cried, or maybe some tears dropped, and i used hair spirit thruoghout oooo, i really dont know why it happened. anyways, i deep conditioned and had to use a comb to detangle (very massive hair loss).
    so am back to loads of new growth, ear length hair, any tips for the transitioning lady, hair care is hair care right...

    ReplyDelete

I'd Love to hear from you, please leave a comment!!!