PRODUCT REVIEW; DARCY'S BOTANICALS COCONUT LEMONGRASS TRANSITIONING CREME!

Hiya,
How's everyone doing! Hope all is well :) This post is all about the well acclaimed Darcy's botanical Coconut Lemongrass transitioning crème;
 
 
 

 
The verdict is IN!! I used the very last bit of this hair cream today to get this style going;
 
 
so after almost 2months of having the 8oz bottle I can boldly say I have an opinion and its a mixed one...let's start with the good stuff;
 
The Ingredients; Distilled water, Organic Aloe vera juice, Organic virgin Coconut oil, Behentrimonuim Methosulfate, Cetearyl Alcohol(conditioning emulsifier), Vitamin E, Panthenol, Sage, Nettle, Lavender extracts, glycol(A paraben-free preservative) and lemongrass oil.
 
Those are some really good ingredients and you can see the company's decision to stick to organic/artificial preservative free ingredients. But at the end of the day, its all about how my hair felt when I used this product and for the most part, my hair felt good! This product has great slip and absorbed into my strands very quickly and instantly made my hair feel very moisturized.
 
The smell was surprisingly not as pungent as I would have thought which was a bit of a relief but also a bit of a let down because I LOVEE the smell of coconuts and lemongrass! In fact those two ingredients are what drew me to this crème.
 
The product also didn't weigh my hair down at all however the fact that it got absorbed easily was sometimes a con because it meant that I had to use quite a lot of product at a time to feel a real difference and as my stretch went on I never could use this crème alone but had to use it with a detangler or water based hair spritz (water/glycerine mix) and that was pretty surprising seeing as ladies transitioning deal with way more texture than my 14/15weeks new growth...made me wonder how effective this product is at least for  transitioning ladies with my hair type.
 
My final qualms with this product has got to be the Price!! Yeah Yeah I get it, the product has good ingredients but so do other hair creams that cost less for the quantity you get. The 8oz bottle is $12 and then there's an additional $6.95 for shipping making it $18.95, now that's a lot for such little quantity and I am finding that that's what most 'natural/organic' hair product companies are charging just like Silk Dreams products and truth is because its now a ' thing' to use paraben free/organic products, the demand stays high giving them an edge with pricing! Wish they would be a bit more  reasonable with the price, hopefully they get their products in stores which will help save on shipping costs.
 
In summary, I liked Darcy's botanical Coconut Lemongrass transitioning crème; Did I love it? Will my hair strands not be able to survive without it? Is it a must have in my hair regimen? The answer to all these questions- unfortunately no...I still maintain that its a decent hair crème though but for transitioning? mba!(no) and that's my humble submission on this product...
 
Have any of you tried Darcy's botanical Coconut Lemongrass transitioning crème? Do you share my sentiments or you loved it? Please feel free to share your experiences with this crème below.
 
In other news, I am opening 2 new pages on the blog; DABS TALKS BEAUTY and INTERIOR DECOR WITH DABS....I know I know, this is a hair blog but for those of you ladies that have been on here with me since 2011 and have other interests aside hair like in beauty and interior décor these pages are for you :) of course this blog will still remain centred on hair but with a twist :). More on the new pages later, for now thanks so much for stopping by!!!
 
 
Xxx
Dabs


13 comments:

  1. I totally agree with ur view on the whole paraben-free/organic products being expensive. I think is a "thing" brands are using to rip people off now. Overall I love this review, though I m natural.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dabs,
    My bf insisted I go through your blog as he is a fan of long hair. I'm on short hair as I took the decision to cut my hair and it's been 9months since. My hair is rafia-like and my scalp is very tender so whenever I try to relax my hair, the scalp gets burnt and the hair doesn't relax at all. On short hair it has been easy for me to manage as I can wash and tong my hair by myself at home and it also does not eat into my pockets the way the weave-on' s and the braids do (I really dislike braids as it hurts my scalp and gives me headache for days and I hate weave-on). My scalp also flakes and itches like crazy and I use heads and shoulders to combat it. If I wanna grow my hair, what do I do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, I got your mail and replied, hope you have seen it

      Delete
  3. hey dabs i love ur blog . my back hair all fall off due to GHE but i hv long hair on the rest of my head, pls how can i grow my back hair to catch up wth the rest or do i hv to trim ? that wld b cutting off 9 inches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, sorry about the loss of your back hair, I would advice you nurture and nurse it back to health while you gradually even out the front to match the bak, maybe take out a few inches 2/3 months apart allowing your back gain length gradually rather than cut off 9inches at once.

      Delete
  4. Hello Dabs! I just wanna ask what's your opinion on stretching relaxer with artificial dreadlocks? Cos I'm thinking of installing artificial locks to help me stretch my relaxer for about 5 - 6 months extra. I'm 2 months post already. Would really want to have ur opinion on stretching relaxed hair with artificial locks. I'm new on my hair journey. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Iddy, if done properly it's a good protective style, just make sure, your edges are not held too tightly, you don't have them in for too long and before and after you get them done you do a protein/moisture treatment on your hair. Those are a few tips to help you, also don't forget to have a glycerin/water spritz to keep your roots Moist but not too moist and when you take them out, use a detangler and a wide tooth comb :)

      Delete
  5. I agree with you. I love Darcys B and i am prepared to pay extra for organic products and to company tjat really make a genuine and all way through effort to make this World and the environmwnt a better place. However, i dont see the reason for the tiny jars and bottles. It is not the best for the environmwnt to waste so Much package materials. I also think Their shipping costs are rediculous. If they want to sell Their products expensive, fine, but dont hide profits in the shipping costs. I bought 2 products and they doubled the shipping.

    So i have swoped over to Dr Bronners products. Similar ingredients but bigger bottles and more reasonable prices.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm underwhelmed by it.. I've used it just once though.. My hair is 19weeks post relaxer. I split my hair in 3, put darcy's in 1part, Garnier sleek and shine in the 2nd part and Cantu shea btter leaving in the 3rd part. I don't t see any difference in what all the 3 did for my hair.. I paid like 20bucks for it, had to wait over 2weeks before recieving my order, everything just put me in a bad mood. I'll keep using it and see how far but definitely not repurchasing..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice topics & article posted on blog. I like these tips. This is great and important elements in the modern world that mean Lemon Grass. I have always wanted to know where all the yummy Vegan places were and now i can easily eat out at these place or order in! thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hy dabs, where can I get d product in lagos and how much does it cost. Tnxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hy dabs, where can I get d product in lagos and how much does it cost. Tnxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd Love to hear from you, please leave a comment!!!