Search This Blog

Loading...

Friday, 8 July 2011

10 THINGS; TO STOP RECEDING HAIR LINE

You all saw the picture of Naomi Campbell in my very first Post ‘The Scary Truth’. Her hairline now starts from behind her ears!! Is there any hope for her? by the time she is 50 would she have gone bald? If you are like Naomi and have a receding hair line, Don’t Panic! Help has come!!

1.First thing you must do my dear is to get rid of that cotton pillow case that has started having ‘craw craw’( bubbles!lol) The way the cotton threads are being knotted together and forming bubbles is the way your hair line is being knotted and pulling off!! Get a silk pillow case, a silk scarf or a silk hair bonnet. If you can’t find silk bedding then quick tip; you can have your sleep pillow!! Buy a silk throw pillow and use that. Make sure it has a removable cover so you can wash it. I buy my throw pillows from Alibert for N1000, Game at the Palms Lekki has some for N3000 each  


2. Get yourself some CASTOR OIL. Castor Oil has been proven to stimulate growth at the temple and nape of hair with constant massaging. The type that particularly works for receding hairlines is the Jamaican Black Castor Oil, I have never used it but I have seen magnificent results as a result of its use. In naija you can get Castor Oil from any good pharmacy like Health Plus or Med Plus. I have not seen the Jamo type here though.

3. MASSAGE!! Whatever you do, the most important step to get your hair line back is constant massage of the affected area. The massaging stimulates the hair follicles and aids in blood circulation thereby causing the hair to grow back. Be systematic in your massaging though, place your fingers on the affected area and use a circular clockwise motion and count up to ten and the use an anti clockwise motion and count up to 10 again, then repeat as often as you'd like!

4. AVOID tugging and pulling!! Hairstyles that will tug and pull at your hair line should be the ENEMY!! Abeg Yanga no b by force!! If the Yanga will lead to you looking like Naomi its not worth it jor!!

5. When getting a relaxer, let your hair line be the VERY LAST place to apply your relaxer and do not use the teeth of your comb to straighten your hair line, use the bone of your comb, that way with minimal impact, you will preserve the hair on your hair line from falling out due to the harsh relaxer treatment.

6. Make sure you WASH OUT the relaxer thoroughly!! Relaxer residue has destroyed many hairlines, concentrate on getting the neutralizing shampoo to get out every trace of relaxer on your hair line.


7. STOP using HARD BRUSHES on your hair line, I know you want your hair sleek and straight but using a brush with hard bristles will pull out your hair while achieving that look, instead…..USE A TOOTHBRUSH!! Naija babes you be doing this since, don’t form!! Its also saving the planet, less waste J. Keep it clean though, when the tooth brush don dey turn black abeg throway!!lol


8. Keep your Cleanser or Toner AWAY from your hair line especially if it contains alcohol. The alcohol will dry out your hair line, make it brittle and break it off!        


9. Stay away from GELS too, especially if they have alcohol, same negative effect plus GELS ARE SO 90’s!


10. Take Vitamins! Our food does not contain all the nutrients we need. So if you have receding hair line and need that extra boost, purchase a skin and hair multivitamin or take biotin or any B complex vitamin. When I started my hair journey I used to take biotin everyday, I don’t know if it helped as much because your eyes see what they wanna but I know they caused a little break out on my face. So be careful and look out for side effects of these vitamins but in general they are safe and it won’t hurt trying them out!



I hope listing these 10 THINGS to curb a receding hair line has helped, please do not think only people with relaxed hair can have receding hair lines, below is a picture of a lady with a receding natural hair line.

…. So these tips apply to you natural sistahs also!! Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed the post, feel free to drop a comment!!  

Stop by soon!!
Dabs

47 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. Very necessary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dabs.. Love the use of white space:) Alot easier to read:) Good job.. very interesting and educating post. Keep it up:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot guys for the encouragement!! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as a medical doctor,i would like to point out that "receding hairline" otherwise known as "alopecia" can be permanent- when the follicles are destroyed..a leading cause of this being bad relaxing as well as 'traction' from,as above stated,too tight hairstyles,hairstyles to heavy for the head (big braids) or keeping hairstyle too long(microbraids). Definitive treatment is hair follicle transplantation,so as they say,prevention,using the above tips,is better than cure!

    i looove you dabs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanx Doc for your very sound comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aunt dab, please i have receding hair lines and have gone natural for close to 5 months now, but my temple hair seems to be growing on a slower pace. i bought the biotin you recommended but the castor oil i have not been able to get yet. i was at health plus and medplus the other day the phamacist told me he had never seen a black castor oil before. please how else can i get it as it seems to be the solution to my receding hair lines?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get it from Dr fomsky: www.thesizzlingmommy.com.

      Delete
    2. You can also try fig health store in lekki phase 1.

      Delete
  7. hi Jemmy, i my receding hair line post, when talking about castor oil, i said there is no proven difference between the Jamaican castor oil and regular castor oil to the best of my knowledge, so my advice to you is to try the normal one, massage it on you receding spot daily and incorporate hot oil treatments in your regimen at least once a week
    thanks for your comment, don't worry your hair line will be fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Thnx a Lot tips, I ll take all of ur tips for granted....

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can get Jamaican black castor oil in naija.i got some frm a babe on the mainland,email me ohole_swt@yahoo.com and I'll forward d details ASAP.hve to look 4 it and I'm posting dis now cuz I dont want to forget.i got a bottle for 3500

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh thanks for the info, will be hitting you up when I need

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so need that extra boost o.. Lol! Please can you recommend another skin and hair multivitamin? Don't want biotin to cause break out on my face as well! Lol! or any B complex vitamin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aleruchi, You can still take biotin but make sure you take zinc as well. The combination of the two prevents break outs. There is a great multivitamin I use with biotin, zinc, iron and the entire vitamin spectrum, send me an email star_key@gmx.com, and I'll send you details. It's about 1950 naira and well worth it.

      Delete
  12. YES! Jamaican Castor Oil does work! and we are selling them! :)

    But Ladies remember, some hairloss can also be attributed to diets, low iron levels have been shown to affect excessive hair shedding and slow hair growth!

    www.myHairmyBeauty.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. i made some very bad hairstyle choice ealier this year, i was ignorant, it cost me my hair line! it's been two months since i started stocking up on information about porper hair care tips. im making progress and i love this site, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kemi, your comment is much appreciated!

      Delete
  14. I'm using damatol for my hairline and it works like a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  15. HY PLZ HELP ME OUT :( M 21, SAME PROBLM.........SEVERE HAIR LINE PROBLM.....M ABOT TO GET MARRIED IN MONTS.VRY DE DPRESED.:( STARTED USING KEO KARPIN HAIR VITALIZER FROM PAST 8 DAYS...JST WANTED TO KNO..WIL TAT WORK.WILL I GER BK MY HAIR LINE.?
    :( WHAT ELSE CAN I DO.....?? PLZ PLZ HELP ME...6 MONTS DOWN D LINE M GETIN MARIED

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I have not heard of the product you are asking about but if you try these tips and use castor oil you sould start to see a change

      Delete
  16. Hi people..I'm a young african lady and hav a depressing receeding hairline due to constant weaves...I hav just purchased the damatol formula,,,my question is does anyone hav any idea if its effective

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Dabs, i stumbled on your site yesterday and i have read all your posts. lol. Thanks soo much for sharing. Im also a strong believer that Naija hair can grow.My hair is @ bra lenght @ the moment and i sell hair products. I also have Jamaican black castor oil, so anyone who resides in Abuja and is intrested pls call 08064236689. Thanks again Dabs, i will continue reading your posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So for the past 2 years my hair has been slowly falling out especially on the top of my head(Im young,very healthy,in my mid 20's, male), with my hairline receding Ive tried various brands including nioxin, which actually made my hair fall out more. I gave the "Shielo volume shampoo" a try cause my doctor recommended it. My hair line slowly started coming back with itty bitty hairs at first but on top of my head I still saw a lack of hair. now my hair line is 80% back with more itty bitty hairs growing in the remaining area and the previous small hair now thick and long. The top of my head has finally also started showing signs of growing back.
    CHEERS!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey dabs thanks for the post sent you an email, concerning my post PARTUM receding hairline. I've cut my hair but I need a regime that can help me regrow my hair. Chinelo N.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi pls help me m up in Durban, I hve looked fo the blck castor oil in most pharmacies nd no luck. Pls hlp guys I wanna gt ma hairline bck so bad t hurts

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the information, just read the article. Pray my hair grows back is so embarassing have to do hair with aprting just to cover my hairline. I think I will stop braids and ghana weaving for now.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You can also try t444z

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ohhhhhh I'm South African and the language in this post is sooooo hillarious to me! Lollll, and as much as I find these tips useful and implement them, boy oh boy! The laguage is hilarious lollll! Ohh I laughed so hard while I read this, oh btw, I've been looking for this Jamaican Castor Oil for Months now, can't find it anywhere in my country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe Ruutos in Randburg (online sales also) sell tjis. But Dischem also recently advertised one on special. Much cheaper

      Delete
  24. Thanks for sharing this awesome and beautiful post .I am so excited after reading this post .Also browse hairstyles for 2014 for the latest and trendy hairstyle of women .

    ReplyDelete
  25. Tried Damatol but it doesn't work :(, where can I get Jamaican castor oil in SA

    ReplyDelete
  26. In the late 1980s a magical thing was intrudes to the customers and from that day the magical thing is known as massage chair. At the time of discovery it wasn't a big success because people were less conscious about health, but as since the financial condition progresses mails and females are becoming very much aware of their health problems and many studies have proven the benefits of a massage equipment.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I found your article quite informative for how to prevent front hairline from receding process. Hair transplant is also a relevant procedure to stop front hairline decrease. Hair Transplant India, Hair Transplant in India,Hair Transplant Ludhiana/Punjab


    ReplyDelete
  28. hi. am a young man of abt 29 years and am getting bald already, the front line and d middle of my head. My friends and colleagues make jest of me everytime and am trying to find a permanent cure to dis. I will like to know if this damatol or castor oil will work for me and what are the side effects. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  29. Weekly oil massage is also good for hairs and it is the best hair fall treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Our food does not contain all the nutrients we need. So if you have receding hair line and need that extra boost, purchase a skin and hair multivitamin or take biotin or any B complex vitamin. Hair Loss Treatment for Men

    ReplyDelete
  31. i tried biohair treatment for hair loss and really i get back my lost hair i highly recoomend to every body

    ReplyDelete
  32. After reading the blog you share very helpful information through blog content and avoid these things receding the natural hairline.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice blog with helpful post. You did really nice work by writing very unique blog post. Thanks for sharing. Permanent Makeup Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  34. Kolkata is good to get low cost and safe medical hair care treatment. Many foreigners preferred this affordable medical hair loss treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Line stopping also known as stopple with a hot tap, hot tap has been completed, then another machine.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hair transplant is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body. FUE hair Transplantation in India | Best Hair Transplant in Bangalore|FUE hair Transplant in India

    ReplyDelete
  37. The stopple method is used to insert a plugging into a pipe which is temporarily block sections of live pipelines. This method is used for a number of reasons like the affected section of a pipeline could be tapped, plugged and safety isolated without shutting down.

    ReplyDelete