NAIJA HAIR CAN GROW 2011 HAIR PRODUCTS AWARDS

Hiya,
The year has come to an end and I am filled with gratitude to the Most High for all He has done for me and mine!! I went on youtube recently and watched one of the hair guru's video on her hair product awards and thought it would be a fun post for me to do on this blog and so;

 WELCOME  TO THE  NAIJA HAIR CAN GROW 2011 HAIR PRODUCTS AWARDS!!!

APPLAUSEEEEEEEEE!!

Without much ado, the first award category is; BEST SHAMPOO IN 2011!
                              The Nominees are; VO5 shampoo
                                                           Aphogee shampoo for damaged hair
                                                           Pantene 2 in 1 shampoo and condtioner
                                                           Dr miracle feel it formula 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner
THE WINNER IS; ALL OF THE ABOVE!! As I have mentioned in the past, most shampoos serve the same purpose which is to cleanse hair. This year, I hardly stuck to any shampoo because of this notion and my focus was co-washing(conditioner washing) my hair because that is what keeps the moisture in your hair and since I washed my hair at least once a week, I didnt need a super cleansing shampoo because my hair was never  too dirty.

The Next award category is; BEST CONDITIONER IN 2011
                                           The nominees are; Aphogee keratin 2 minute reconstructor
                                                                       Motions Salons Herbal Conditioner
                                                                       VO5 Conditioners.

THE WINNER IS; Without a doubt is APHOGEE KERATIN 2 MINUTE RECONSTRUCTOR!

There is no competition, this conditioner is lightweight so you can mix it easily with other oils and mayonnaise, it smells great and most importantly it really leaves your feeling soft and manageable, my only little issue with it is that it should come in a BIGGER bottle so it lasts longer :)

CATEGORY 3 is THE 2011 AWARD FOR BEST PRE POO HAIR TREATMENT;
                              The nominees are; Mayonnaise,eggs and oils-protein treatment
                                                          Avocado hair mask
                                                          Deep conditioning hair treatment
                             The Winner is; THE MAYONNAISE, EGGS AND OILS PROTEIN TREATMENT  done every other week really helped strengthen my ends and prevented them from breaking off.

I will continue to do this treatment in the new year. A few ladies told me it did not work for them including my sister but when they described how the went about it I instantly knew the reason why it didnt work. Their hair was suffering from protein overload!! My sister for one slept with her's in her hair overnight when its supposed to be on for a few hours and washed out and then another friend used  'hair mayonnaise' in the mixture instead of normal mayo and that is already packed with protein so naturally there was an overload and what happens when there's an overload of protein? breakage! so if you want to incorporate this into your regimen do it right, check out my weekend regimen post for guidelines .

The next Award category is 2011 BEST HAIR RELAXER
The nominees include; Carson's Optimum care relaxer
                                  At One Hair Relaxer
                                 Herbal Rich, Lye Creme Relaxer
                               Silk Elements Megasilk No lye relaxer

The winner is; SILK ELEMENTS MEGASILK NO LYE RELAXER
This relaxer was the best I and my sisters used this year, it straightened my hair good without overprocessing it, it also has olive oil infused in the leave in conditioner and that kept my hair soft after relaxing and because of how good the relaxer was, I could stretch up to 13 weeks with ease! I strongly recommend it!its been 3weeks since I used Carson's Optimum care relaxer and my hair looks like I havn't gotten a relaxer in 2months!! and I used the super relaxer!Needless to say, I won't use that relaxer again. For 2012 I am thinking of trying Mizani or Affirm relaxing systems, I have heard the hype but Ill like to test them for myself! Stay tuned!!


The next category of awards is the 2011 AWARDS FOR BEST LEAVE IN/ DETANGLING HAIR PRODUCT
The nominees are; Water and Glycerin mixture
                            Vitale Pro B vitamin leave in conditioner
                            Mane and Tail Detangler
                            Aphogee Keratin mist
The winner goes to; BOTH MANE AND TAIL DETANGLER

AND the GLYCERIN AND WATER MIXTURE!!Yes, to me this mixture is the best detangling/ leave in conditioner you can think of!! alongside the mane and tail detangler, this year I knew no knots!!The number of strands of hair I lost greatly reduced thanks to these 2!!!BIG APPLAUSE!!

The second to the last award category is for 2011's BEST HEAT PROTECTANT.
The nominees are;Extra Virgin Olive Oil
                           Chi Silk Infusion 
                           John Frieda Frizz Ease heat protectant
The winner is; EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL!! 

This might come as a shock to some of you that the manufactured and very hyped Chi Silk Infusion lost this award, well in my opinion, while it is a good heat protectant for it lightweight and glossy consistency, extra virgin olive oil gives off the same effect with the added benefit of being a natural product and sealing in the moisture to the strands of your hair as you apply the heat. Love it!!

The final award for this year is the 2011 BEST ORGANIC OIL
The nominees are; Extra virgin oilve oil
                             Coconut oil
                             Castor oil
                            Sweet almond oil
The winner is; without a doubt COCONUT OIL
I used virgin coconut oil almost every single day of this year!! and I loved it!! Its is conditioning and leaves great shine, not too much but not too little and the best part is knowing it is being absorbed by your hair shaft and moisturizing it!! well deserved!!

I have come to the end of my Hair products award for this year!! I look forward to next year's hair journey in excitement and determination to finish even better than this year!! I wish you all my dear readers the best with growing your hair and thank you all for your support with this blog! expect bigger and better things from here by God's grace in 2012!!

Love you all
Dabs!!


 

Share:

0 comments