WEEKEND TREAT; YOGHURT AND GELATIN HAIR MASK


Hiya,
I know this is coming late, please forgive me, my lappie packed up on me imagine and using an ipad with blogger  is impossible especially when you need to upload pics! So I am borrowing my Hub's own.

Anyways, this weekend I decided to treat my strands to a conditioning mask (which I later found contains protein) containing Yoghurt and Gelatin;



Yogurt is not only the creamy base of your conditioner, but is a gentle cleanser, working to clear the pores of your scalp and promoting hair growth. Yogurt is also naturally high in lactic acid, an element that will help to shine and smooth tangled hair, making it easier to comb, leaving your hair soft and beautiful.

Gelatin is often used as a strength and growth aid in supplements and hair treatments. It is taken from collagen, which is found in the bones, skin, and cartilage of animals. It's protein-based and most commonly taken from cows. Its protein is  hydrolyzed protein that can penetrate the hair shaft and strengthen hair strands.

I was able to get a recipe from a blog I found called PEDAHEH. Here is a linkhttp://pedaheh.blogspot.com/2012/05/gelatin-protein-treatment.html

The first thing I did was boil some water and add two packs of the gelatine(which should be unflavored) to the hot water and whisked;


Then when I noticed some thickening, I poured the gelatine into a blender, added plain yoghurt and Apple cider vinegar and blended them all together;

As usual I gave the mix a taste;
Not bad!!A bit tangy thanks to the ACV so I skipped giving my son any...

Finally to the mix I added some grapeseed oil and sweet almond oil. The mix became thick, stiff and airy like 
whisked egg whites...



I shampooed my hair first because I just came back from swimming and had to get the chlorine out of my hair, waited for my shampooed hair to dry out so the treatment will be better absorbed and went ahead to apply the treatment which I have just washed out after an hour... my hair feels strengthened for sure since I have time on my hands Ill go ahead and condition my hair with Aphogee 2 Min reconstructor conditioner so that my hair gets that extra conditioning it was yearning for.. Hope you all get to try this treatment, if you want stronger strands then this treat is for you!!

Anybody treating their hair this weekend? feel free to spill!!

Stockist;
Knox Gelatine(unflavoured)- N390 @ Spar/Park n Shop
Plain Yoghurt (unsweetened)- N150 @ Gravitas supermart- any good grocery store should have this.

Have a great weekend!!

Xxx
Dabs




Share:

4 comments