WEEKEND TREAT MENU UPDATE ( FENUGREEK AND HAIR OILS)

Hiya,
If you participated in this weekend's hair treat show by raising your hands!! Well this post is just to update anyone who didn't participate on what to expect if you ever decide to try out this treat!!

First off, let me sound a WARNING!!!! If the smell of maple syrup or strong smells in general is not your thing, run farrrrrr away from Fenugreek!! WHAT!!Right now I am a walking head of maple syrup and it is not fun!!My hubs liked the smell of my hair and so did my friend when I asked them to smell my hair but they are not the ones stuck with maple syrup smelling hair dangling round their faces!! OK RANT OVER!! Let me break things down!

So I decided to take the ground fenugreek seeds and soak them in water as I instructed and thought they would just melt into a paste but nope this is what happened;
The ground seeds just absorbed the water and had a wet grainy feel to it, so I decided to add conditioner;

The conditioner changed the texture a little bit but it still wasn't pasty enough because this is the mess that happened when I applied the mix on my hair;

SEE MY FACE? Confused.com!! So I decided then to go to the website where I read about fenugreek paste and it is then I realized... I WAS SUPPOSED TO BOIL the seeds!! Boiling them would have made them soft and of course it would not have been hard to make them a paste!!

My bad!! It was too late to go back so I covered my very messy hair up with a nylon bag and then a shower cap and hung out for an hour!!

Then washed!! Washing was torture!! Not on me, on my bathroom pipes!! I tried to avoid clogging but I am not going to be surprised if I have to call a plumber in at the end of the week, thanks Fenugreek seeds!!

Anyhoo,  I proceeded to do an Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse since I hadnt done one since I got a relaxer, then I did my twist out which I rocked to church today;


This week, this twist out will be redone a couple more times but I will bun the ends!! DID ANY OF YOU PARTAKE IN THE WEEKEND HAIR TREAT OR ANY HAIR TREAT AT ALL? HOW DID IT GO?

I am going to post the Salon profiles I promised in a few days so stay tuned ladies and welcome on board to all new followers of NHCG!! You will not regret your decision!

Xxx
Dabs



22 comments:

  1. Last weekend I wanted to try something new. I had heard about people using green tea in their hair so I wanted to try it out. So I mixed honey, green tea, water and some coconut oil (I had ran out of EVOO (my fav!!)). I don't think I'll be using green tea in my hair again. Why? Because 2 days after doing it, my scalp began to itch like mad! Right now, my scalp is sore, especially the middle area and I've already put braids in so I don't want to take them out now to wash it again. Argh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww did u rinse the green tea out after you used it on your hair or you left it in? If you left it in that LCD have caused the itch. Im sorry your scalp is sore, next time you try a tea rinse make sure to rinse out the tea with cool water. Let me know how it turns out!

      Delete
  2. At least you've learnt that you need to boil them first.. I hope you do it again so we know how well it works this time. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! Yes oh! I learnt the hard way!!thanks for stopping by! Going over to your blog to see what's happening :)

      Delete
  3. I think Fenugreek seeds are AWESOME for dandruff. After I saw your post on the "concoction" you made to spritz in your hair to avoid the inverted V blah blah blah. I googled up Fenugreek seeds, and one thing all the sites had in common was that it was good for dandruff. So I proceeded to use my sister as a lab rat, she had MIGHTY dandruff problem. I blended the seeds, added coconut oil (and because I didn't have so much oil left added water), soaked it overnight then applied to her scalp. Covered it up and she slept off, by the time she woke up her scalp was on FIRE! Washed out the seed mix and viola!! dandruff free.I feel I've been typing forever, I should stop now.
    These seeds work wonders I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I too read that's it's great for dandruff, thx for commenting!

      Delete
    2. Please what's the yoruba name of fenugreek seed

      Delete
    3. Please what's the yoruba name of fenugreek seed

      Delete
  4. whats your fb page called
    or pls post a link to the page as a reply here. thx and well done :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's called Naija hair can grow. Check it out here on this page( on the right side)

      Delete
  5. When I saw the title, the first thing I thought was: How did she get all that fenugreek outta her hair? Kpele. Try the leaves next times. They are sold in the Indian stores. Native name is Methi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awww thanks for sympathizing with me, I will be on the look out for the leaves or just simply follow instructions and boil the leaves next time!!lol

      Delete
  6. Quality of hair article is good and quite up to date. Ideas in this article are best according to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The winter wants misguided is given in the post here. Know all about it

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Helpful For the natural hair regrowth treatments, including what side effects visit us
    hairtransplantsturkey.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s not something I can forget, the post is really inspiring and I am indeed influenced. I like ur post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey dear pls wots the common name fenugreek is known for in nigeria? I want it badly but I jst can't help myslf b'cos I jst don't knw its common name in nigeria.I can get them in big supermarkets bt they are processed d refined onces.... err!! But I prefer fresh once, I don't mind growing dem in my compound. Pls help me out......or u can write me.. jstmerahmak@ymail.com. Wil rilly appreciate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pls wat is fenugreek called in yoruba

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erun in Yoruba, saw it somewhere, dont know how true it is

      Delete
  13. Pls what is fenugreek called in Igbo cos I really need it chysexy4life@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very interesting post,just that the communication is incomplete,many people didn't know the Yoruba name or general for fenugreek seed, it we be hard to get in yoruba herbal market

    ReplyDelete

I'd Love to hear from you, please leave a comment!!!